Register of requests at the DGOJ online office

Most procedures filed through the online office of the Directorate General for Gambling Regulation (DGOJ) require the registration of applications, whether online or in person.

In the latter case, the rest of the procedure will still be online. Applicants may be notified or check the status of their file at the online office.

Here is an explanation of the two paths for registering applications and the necessary elements for each.







  1. ONLINE REGISTER Back to the top of the page

To register applications at the online office, you need a digital certificate issued by a recognised certificate authority. You may  download a list of recognised bodies  or view it at the website of the State Secretariat for Public Administrations.

The following types of certificates can be used depending on who is filing:

  • Individuals may use their digital DNI or a digital certificate issued by a recognised certificate authority.
  • Legal persons may use a legal person certificate issued under the name of the person who is legally responsible for the requesting entity.

In either case, the NIF stated in both types of certificates must be the same as the one stated under the field for the requesting company representative.


1.1 What is a digital certificate? Back to the top of the page

Digital certificates are documents digitally signed by an authorised body that allow individuals, legal persons and unincorporated entities to identify themselves.

Certificates come in different formats; namely in a card (hardware certificates), like digital DNIs, or as software, like those issued by the Spanish Royal Mint (FNMT), include in this case the "certificates in the cloud" provided through the system Cl@ve.


1.2 How to obtain a certificate Back to the top of the page

The basic steps for obtaining a digital certificate ― which are described in more detail below ― are:

  1. Apply online at the website of a certificate authority (CA). You will receive a “request code”. Print it.
  2. Personally appear at an authorised register office. Take your request code and the corresponding documents.
  3. In your case, download the digital certificate onto the same computer you used to request it  or collection of the corresponding card or ability to use the certificate in the cloud.

1.3 Who can request a certificate? Back to the top of the page

• Adult individuals with a NIF (certificates cannot be issued to legal guardians). They can only have one valid certificate per issuing entity. Once a new one is requested containing the same details, the previous one is invalidated and becomes inoperative.

Foreign people can also obtain a certificate. They do not need to reside in Spanish territory, but they do require either a NIE or, if they are EU citizens without a residence permit, an EU citizen registration certificate and their passport.

Legal persons with a permanent NIF. They can have as many valid certificates as legal agents or voluntary representatives, provided the latter also have an adequate power of attorney with special and express order to request a digital certificate.


1.4 How to obtain a certificate Back to the top of the page

First you have to apply online for a digital certificate on the website of a certificate authority (CA). Once you have applied, you must prove your identity by going to a register office (register authorities) authorised by the CA, carrying your request code and the documents required in each case. Lastly, download the certificate off the Internet using the same computer where you requested it (only for software certificates, not card ones).

If you wish to use the online office of the DGOJ at you can check the list of accredited certificate authorities.

Also, each CA website provides a list of valid register offices, as well as the procedure and deadlines for obtaining, renewing or revoking digital certificates.


1.5 Certificate installation Back to the top of the page

Once the CA has issued the certificate, it will be stored by your machine's browser. When it comes to a certificate in the cloud or hardware, it will not be necessary to install it in the browser, having to use a card reader in the latter case.

If you have a software-based digital certificate, it is recommended that you export it to a USB device or other storage medium as backup. You can also export it to use it on other machines or browsers.


1.6 Certificate validity periods Back to the top of the page

This depends on the type of certificate, what it is used for and which CA issued it. Legal person certificates used for tax-related procedures and issued by the Spanish Royal Mint (FNMT) are valid for 2 years; individual certificates are valid for 3 years. Once their validity period has expired, they become invalid.


1.7 Certificate renewal Back to the top of the page

Certificates must be renewed while they are still valid to avoid going to a register office. They can be renovated from 60 days prior to their expiry date.


1.8 Revoking a certificate Back to the top of the page

A certificate is revoked by officially cancelling it while it is still valid in case of loss or if the holder suspects it has been copied by someone else.


1.9 Deleting a certificate Back to the top of the page

Certificates can be deleted from browsers or cryptographic cards. Once you have done this, you will not be able to use it again unless you made a backup copy (only for software-based certificates). Card-based certificates cannot be backed up.


1.10 What documents do I need to prove my identity? Back to the top of the page

Each CA sets their own required documents for proving identity. These are listed on each CA's website. Here is a list of the documents you need to obtain a digital certificate at the Spanish Royal Mint (FNMT)


1.10.1 Individuals Back to the top of the page

Individuals must take the following documents to the register:

  • A certificate request code previously obtained on the Internet
  • DNI, or NIE in the case of non-EU residents. See section
  • EU citizens without a NIE must provide an EU citizen registration certificate and their passport.


Certificate requests can be registered in:


At one of the offices listed in the FNMT's NEAREST OFFICE location service;

Registers can be found in Social Security offices and local and regional Tax Agency offices. Local and regional Tax Agency offices


Outside Spain

At one of Spain's foreign consulates. They cannot be registered at customs registers.

When applying for a certificate at a consulate, ask them to send a scanned copy of the contract to to speed up the process. The original contract must still be sent to the FNMT - RCM, following the set procedure.

This address is not available for any procedure other than for issuing consulate-requested certificates.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No legal person certificate requests may be registered at Spanish consulates. Foreign identity number (NIE) Back to the top of the page

Foreign citizens linked to Spain for financial, professional or social reasons will be provided with a personal, unique and exclusive number sequence for identification purposes.

The personal number is the foreign citizen's identification number; it must appear on all their issued or processed documents and on their identity card or passport endorsement stamps.

NIEs can be requested for reasons of financial, professional or social interest through the following means:

  1. by the applicant, in Spain;
  2. by a representative, in Spain; or
  3. in a Spanish diplomatic post or consulate located in the applicant's country of residence corresponding to their place of residence.


To obtain a NIE number, you must provide the following documents:

  • standard application form (EX-15), filled out and signed by the applicant.
  • Your passport, identity card or other valid identification document plus a copy of the same including all pages.
  • A supporting document showing the financial, professional or social reasons for requesting a DNI.
  • If you are applying through a representative, they must present a power of attorney with special and express order to request a digital certificate.


Important note: All non-EU foreign public documents must be legally valid and, where necessary, translated into Spanish or the co-official language of the territory where the application is filed. For more information on this, read the information sheet of the Secretariat of State for Immigration and Emigration.


1.10.2 Legal persons Back to the top of the page

The FNMT-RCM currently issues legal person digital certificates recognised by the Tax Agency. Therefore, these certificate applications can only be registered at Spanish or Navarre Tax Agency offices with a signed agreement to issue them. For further information and to request a legal person certificate: FNMT online office or on the Spanish Tax Agency website

No legal person certificate requests may be registered at Spanish consulates.

Legal person certificate requests will be checked to verify the legal incorporation of the company, its present existence and the identity and current post of the legal or empowered representative.

Legal or voluntary representatives with a power of attorney with special and express order to request a digital certificate shallAPPEAR IN PERSON at any office of the Spanish Tax Agency, identify themselves and present their company credentials for requesting a digital certificate and signing a contract with the FNMT.

If you cannot or do not wish to appear in person, the same legal or empowered person can notarise the FNMT contract and you can send the signature authentication to the Spanish Tax Agency together with the remaining documents.

The legal or voluntary representative must present at the Spanish Tax Agency:

  • A certificate request code previously obtained on the Internet
  • In general, the following documents:


  1. Company documents:
  • Trading companies and other legal persons who must register at the Spanish Commercial Register: A certificate issued by the Spanish Commercial Register stating the company's incorporation data and legal status.
  • Associations: registered associations must provide a certificate issued by the associations register. Otherwise, certified copies of the founding charter, articles of association and president's appointment in a record book or certificate issued by the secretary.
  • Foundations: a certificate issued by the foundations register with information on the registration and the board members (everyone's signature is required). If the board wishes to empower or delegate others to obtain the digital certificate, it must obtain a notary power.
  • Cooperatives: a certificate issued by the cooperatives register together with the details on the registration and the managing board (everyone's signature is required except if representation by the president is agreed).
  • Civil societies and other legal persons: public certified document proving foundation.
  • Non-resident legal persons: If the abovementioned documents have been issued outside Spain, a certified copy of these must be presented including an apostille of the Hague translated, where necessary, by an official translator.


  1. Representative's documents:
  • If the applicant is the administrator or legal representative of the entity being registered: a certificate issued by the corresponding register stating their appointment and the validity of their post. Said certificate must have been issued no sooner than 10 days prior to the date of request of the legal person digital certificate for tax purposes, counted from the day following the issuing date. Saturdays, Sundays and holidays will not be computed.
  • If the legal representative is a legal entity, the certificate must state the name of its individual representative.
  • Commonest cases of legal representation:
    • Single administrator: has exclusive power to represent the entity. They must identify themselves using a DNI or passport and sign the FNMT contract.
    • Co-administrators: several administrators who must act together and sign the FNMT contract together.
    • Joint and several administrators: several administrators who each hold the power to represent and can therefore act independently. Any one of them can sign.
    • Board of directors: The board represents the entity; they act collectively. However, the bylaws may also empower one or several board members individually or as a group to represent the entity. This must be registered in the Companies Register.
  • Voluntary representatives must provide a notary power expressly authorising them to request a digital certificate.


1.11 How to use Cl@ve for access Vuelve al inicio de la página

Cl@ve is a system aimed at unifying and simplifying citizens' electronic access to public services. Its main goal is to allow citizens to identify themselves to the Administration through previously set up login details (username plus password), without having to remember different login details to access different services, as well as facilitating the use of certificates by not linking their use to the use of hardware devices or the installation of any software.


1.12 How to register in Cl@ve Vuelve al inicio de la página

To access the DGOJ Electronic Office with Cl@ve, you must have an advanced level registration in the Cl@ve system. For this, it is essential to register in-person at any Social Security, State Tax Administration Agency, Public Employment Service or Government Delegation office, or use your digital certificate or electronic ID to register on the Cl@ve website. (

The electronic administration services user can choose the identification method they wish to use from amongst those available for the level of assurance required by the application.

Specifically, to be validated in the DGOJ’s Electronic Office, the use of login details set up through Cl@ve permanente is available

Cl@ve permanente: This is an authentication system designed for people needing frequent access to the Administration’s electronic services. It is based on the use of a user code, your ID or foreigner identification number, and a password which is set during the activation process and must only be known by you. You must have been previously registered in the system to access the activation process.

For electronic administration services which require an enhanced level of security, the system reinforces authentication by requesting a One Time Password (OTP) sent by SMS message to your mobile phone.

Further detailed information about the currently available options and everything related to Cl@ve can be found at the following link:


  1. IN-PERSON REGISTER Back to the top of the page

If you do not have a digital certificate, once you have filled out your application, attached the corresponding documents and confirmed it, you must print out the official application form, sign it and take it to a physical administrative register. This is just as valid as online filing.

For all intents and purposes, documents filed in a physical office are just as valid as if filed online; the rest of the procedure is electronic, so applicants may be notified or check the status of their file at the online office.

Remember that printed documents for in-person filing are summarised applications; they do not contain any relevant information on the application other than the applicant's details, the representative's ― if any ― and other general contact details.

One can then fill out the application at the online office, print the official document for registering, sign it and take it to any valid administrative register.

Administrative registers are regulated under Law 30/92 on the legal provisions governing public administrations and common administrative procedure (LRJ-PAC), and under General State Administration, Royal Decree 772/1999 of 7 May regulating the submission of applications, letters and communications to the General State Administration regulates the submission of document copies, the return of original copies and the register office regime.


2.1 Which register offices to go to Back to the top of the page

Citizens may submit applications, letters and communications addressed at any administrative body, stating in the form the date of reception by the corresponding public body, at any of the following offices:

  • a General State Administration office register;
  • a regional administration body;
  • a register belonging to a local entity with an appropriate signed agreement (one-stop shops);
  • a post office, as laid down in the regulations;
  • a Spanish diplomatic post or consulate; or
  • any other place set by current regulations.

The Ministry of Finance and Public Administrations provides an updated list of register offices of the General State Administration and its public bodies.